In May 2023 Microsoft launched Microsoft Fabric and made a big splash in the data platform space. Microsoft is betting that Fabric will be the default data platform choice in the future for Azure customers. But what is it? And what could it do for you? To explore this topic, Eraneos is organizing a workshop on Friday, 1st of December. During the half a day session, we will explore the advantages and disadvantages of Microsoft Fabric, as well as deep dive in some use cases and give you the opportunity to play around with it during 2 Labs. All you need to do is bring your laptop.
What is Microsoft Fabric
Microsoft Fabric is an all-in-one analytics solution for enterprises that covers everything from data movement to data science, real-time analytics, and business intelligence. The major improvement that it brings is the integration of the different data capabilities into one UI in a SaaS model.
Fabric integrates existing (and therefore working and battle-tested) Azure systems and services into one platform that provides most data capabilities. The major new service is OneLake; Microsoft’s vision of a single data lake for your organization both for storing structured and unstructured data. This is backed by Azure Blob Storage (ADLSGen2) and the Delta Lake format for storing structured data.
Program of the Workshop
- 08:00 Breakfast
- 08:30 Introduction to Microsoft Fabric
- 09:00 Lab 1 – Data Engineering A hands-on exploration of the data engineering capabilities in Microsoft Fabric guided by our experts.
- 10:00 Coffee break
- 10:15 Lab 2 – Data Warehousing In this hands-on Lab you’ll learn how to work with Fabric’s data warehousing capabilities using real data.
- 11:30 Wrap up
Why you should join
- Get an in-depth look at what Microsoft Fabric has to offer;
- Take a deep dive into OneLake;
- Play around with Fabric during two Labs focused on data warehousing and data engineering;
- Opportunity to ask questions to Eraneos experts and share experience with peers;
- We will keep your account open for several days so you can show it to your colleagues;
- Enjoy a nice breakfast at our office near the Johan Cruyff stadium.
For this workshop you will only need to bring your laptop. We will set up an account for you, so you can work within Microsoft Fabric during the Labs. Our events are not open to suppliers and consultants, but are aimed at professionals and managers in user organizations. Registration is free of charge. For this workshop we have 15 seats available and it’s first come first serve. Eraneos reserves the right to refuse registrations that do not belong to the target group. If you have any questions about this event, please contact Roos Mijnen.