Alrijne wanted to offer its patients an efficient electronic health record (EHR) that involves the right healthcare professionals while avoiding unnecessary process disruption. The company knew it had to implement HiX Digital Health Services – a tool for health care providers to use data in a secure manner, but it needed the aid of Eraneos to help it do this fast and efficiently.
Together with Alrijne, we visioned the implementation of HiX. We prepared the healthcare and IT departments of Alrijne for this while also guiding it to ensure it made the right choices. Desires and issues were identified through interviews with representatives of the medical staff.
To ensure that there is confidence in this course, a start was made with the project organization and governance. The second step included making choices in the processes and in the context of HiX, such as its infrastructure. How we would execute it was prepared with the use of ChipSoft and we decided on the business case by setting up a benefit program. In the third and final step, we drew up an action plan for implementation. This included control, internal resourcing, required external services, and an appropriate schedule.
In 2015, three hospitals from Leiden, Leiderdorp, and Alphen aan den Rijn, together with the nursing homes Leythenrode and Oudshoorn, formed the backbone of a new organization: Alrijne Zorggroep. Alrijne is an ambitious care organization that wants to offer the best care, at the right time, in the right place. It believes that people and resources should be used optimally while giving real people the attention they need.
Eraneos created a final report which was approved and supported by Alrijne Zorggroep. It consisted of the following recommendations:
- To start preparing for the implementation of HiX 6.2 standard content in good time
- To choose a supported scope (HiX modules) containing a base of necessary modules.
- To start immediately with the design and organization of care processes, aimed at qualitatively better and standard use of HiX and unambiguous recording of information in HiX
- Involving the healthcare professionals in working groups, from the moment of the care process design.
- Appointing key users and process owners who can represent the interests of the departments and who form a bridge between the project and the care organization.